Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 6 September 2012

Info Post

Lupe Fiasco isn’t the most controlled public speaker at the best of times, so we maybe shouldn’t take something he says in the middle of a Twitter rant super-seriously. But still, it’s a little bit disheartening that the rapper says he is probably quitting music after his next album drops.


The announcement was borne out of a feud between Lupe and fellow Chicago artist Chief Keef. To summarize:


1. Lupe went on the radio in Baltimore to speak about Chicago’s summer of violence. While there, he had some words about Chief Keef: “Chief Keef scares me. Not him specifically, but just the culture that he represents … You see who’s [committing the violence in Chicago] and perpetrating it, they all look like Chief Keef.”


2. Keef took his rebuttal to Twitter:



3. Keef’s Tweets (which he claimed later were the result of being hacked) sent Lupe on a stream-of-consciousness Twitter rant, touching on rap, family and man’s better nature:



love u lil bruh @ChiefKeef…i really really do from the bottom of my fucking heart. I know that street shit like the back of my hand…ive seen it in every way you can possibly imagine and its nothing to be proud of @ChiefKeef it TAKES an TAKES till there is nothing left…i choose not to indulge becuz its lil guys that look up to me so I try and show them a better way @ChiefKeef i aint try to be BE better… I’m trying to DO better @ChiefKeef as we all should. We were born with no expectations to make it. born in the hood, live there die there.. I cant go 4 that @ChiefKeef & i cant let the people i love, including you my nigga, go 4 that either. We kings not fucking savages and goons… my father i have spoken the truth to them yet it has only made my life in this world more troubled. i can bear this no longer… i have spoken peace only 2 receive vitriol and malice in return. My brother seeks destruction my sister seeks attention paths to nothingness…i’d die for them…but they’d probably spit on my grave…i still will die for them…just bury me in a place far from their reach…Amin… This album will probably be my last…its been a pleasure to have all my fans provide so much love an inspiration for me and my family… but my heart is broken and i see no comfort further along this path only more pain. I cannot participate any longer in this… My first true love was literature so i will return to that…lupe fiasco ends here… peace and much love 2 ya!….



Many of Lupe’s Tweets have since been deleted, but the most important remains:



Food and Liquor 2 is out September 25. Will it be Lupe’s last?



The post Chief Keef and Chicago Violence May Force Lupe Fiasco to Quit Music appeared first on Popdust.


0 comments:

Post a Comment