Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 30 May 2012

Info Post
Trey Songz has vowed to stay true to his R&B roots and not follow the popular dance trend dominating the charts on both sides of the atlantic.

The 'Heart Attack' singer has managed to maintain a classic R&B sound throughout his career, and while he has recorded some club bangers, Trey says he isn't keen on jumping on the bandwagon like artists such as Usher and Flo Rida.

"I'm not too big on following trends. Some dance songs are amazing, I think some of 'em are bulls**t. I'm not here to diss nobody, that's corny. I don't think it's all bad that some people are doing dance music," Trey exclusively told TaleTela in a recent interview.

"I love a lot of dance songs, they can be made great. But when it gets to the point that every song on the radio is a dance song, all of 'em can't be good.

"So I don't want to be caught up in the nature of jumping out of the window to do something just because it's a trend. I would rather sustain my place in the game with authenticity and try to do what it is I do, and if I do step into that world, have something about it that still makes it my own."

Do you agree with Trey's thoughts on the dance trend? Check out the video for the rest of Trey's answer...

0 comments:

Post a Comment