Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 24 May 2012

Info Post
HIP hop artist Trey Songz is looking to connect with more people with his new album.
1. THE FIFTH DIMENSION

His coming album is titled Chapter 5. "I want my album to be the soundtrack to people's lives. I don't want people to just feel connected to a song, I want them to feel connected to me as well. With the greatest artists, you remember what you were doing when their songs came on the radio. I want to be that kind of artist."

2. FALSE STARTS

He wasn't discouraged by unsuccessful debut and sophomore albums. "Within those first albums, I saw people who love my music, people who believed in me. I didn't see them as failures. I looked at them as platforms and stepping stones. Jay Z, his first album didn't sell much. The same with 2Pac, R.Kelly and Usher."

3. A WOMAN'S WORK

Trey Songz was raised by women. "It's given me an incredible sense of humility, an incredible sense of strength.You don't know it, coming up, what a woman goes through to raise a man. As much as we go on about this being a man's world, the world doesn't operate without women."

4. HOMEBOY

The man has priorities. "A mistake a lot of artists make is they go out and chase something that is not really home for us. I'm comfortable with home. Yes, I want to grow, but I want to grow organically."

HEAR Heart Attack (Warner) is out now

Source:news.com.au

0 comments:

Post a Comment